We are looking for two part-time cleaning professionals, with managerial experience and an eye for detail, to join our enthusiastic and friendly housekeeping team at Hideout Hotel. Ideally you will have experience in the hospitality industry but not essential. You will be responsible for planning, organising and developing the overall operation of the housekeeping team, and will work alongside the team to ensure the highest level of customer care and standards are maintained at all times.
You will also recruit housekeeping staff, plan, schedule, train members of the housekeeping team to make sure the team is working at expected capacity and in line with the needs of the business.
You will report to and be supported by the General Manager.
Hideout is an independent family-run business based in Hull’s Old town. Hideout consists of 15 high-quality luxury Hotel Apartments which guests are able to book for as little as one night.
We are a small, but very close team with a focus on delivering the highest standard of Boutique hotel accommodation in the region.
The housekeeping team are an integral part of our business, and we are looking for passionate individuals who are able to attend to our facilities with integrity and attention to detail.
The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests which is an important part of their overall experience at Hideout Hotel.
Hideout Housekeeping Manager Job brief
Pay: £11,000 salary
Hours: Job Share Role. Part-time 20 hours per week, per Housekeeping Manager. (example of split as per the below table)
Plus holiday cover for other housekeeping manager.
· Manage and supervise the daily activities of the housekeeping team.
· Brief Housekeeping Team at the start of each shift to prepare and inform them of any vital information they should be aware of and to help them priortise tasks that day.
· Perform daily cleaning tasks alongside your team, and cover staff duties when housekeeping staff don't show up for work or the team is shorthanded.
· Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards after each turnaround.
· Ensure housekeeping team members are working in a timely manner and in line with safety regulations, using the correct products and equipment.
· Issue Rotas, cover staff holidays, record staff holidays and sickness/absence.
· Report and liaise with General Manager about any concerns or issues relating to the hotel.
· Report damages, deficits and disturbances to General Manager.
· Perform weekly snag lists and liaise with Maintenance staff and organise repairs.
· Schedule deep cleans of apartments and organise cleaning of communal and external areas.
· Order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
· Maintain a Housekeeping budget for the hotel.
· Maintain reports of tasks performed and by who on a daily basis.
· Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
· Check stocking levels of all consumables and report to General Manager or replace when appropriate.
· Carry ad hoc admin tasks as required including, shopping, light errands and taking customer requests as per the nature and needs of the business.
· Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
· Proven experience as a Head housekeeper or Cleaning Supervisor.
· Able to work every other weekend (incl bank holidays)
· Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
· Ability to lead a team to achieve goals and objectives of the business.
· Team player.
· Good communicator with decision making skills.
· Customer focused, friendly and approachable.
· Punctual and a good time keeper.
· Ability to prioritise workload.
· Ability to work towards objectives set by General Manager/Director.
· Numerate, Computer literate and confident in the use of housekeeping intranet systems, internet browsers and related technology.
· Educated to GCSE Level or above.
· Knowledge of English language.
· UK driving licence and use of a vehicle would be beneficial.
Ideally we are looking for someone with experience of working within a team and a fast-paced environment. Experience in the Hotel/Hospitality industry, and experience of managing people would be beneficial.
Think you've got what it takes? Please send your CV with a Cover Letter to email@example.com.
We are also recruiting for Housekeepers. Please see below button.